Heaton Nursery is a privately registered day nursery school which has been established since 1970. The nursery is situated 10 minutes from Newcastle City Centre with easy access form all areas. The nursery is situated in a large Victorian house. The nursery caters for children from birth to 11 years old. The site benefits from two outdoor spaces with artificial grass and secure safety fences around. We also have off street parking for dropping off and collecting your child/children.
The nursery is registered with the governing body OFSTED, our certificate of registration is displayed within the building. Copies of our policies and procedures are also available. Please feel free to ask any questions at any time. We want your child to feel welcome and at home.The nursery is situated in a large Victorian house in a residential area of Heaton. The nursery is centrally located and is close to many of the local primary schools. The building retains many of its original features which contributes to its homely atmosphere. There are 4 aged ranged playrooms and 2 gardens. The nursery benefits from a recently refurbished outdoor area. All rooms are well equipped to suit the age and development of the children and we have computers and printers for our pre-school children. We provide a professional service in very safe and happy surroundings, preparing children for entry into Primary School. We take in children from birth to 11 years of age - a great asset to parents having two or more children, who wish to work.
A child's greatest potential for learning is from 0-5 years of age. These are the most formative years of a child's life. The staff are dedicated to providing quality care and a stimulating environment for your child. By the time your child I sold enough to go to Primary School, he/she will have been taught first stage reading and writing, in a homely, friendly Day Nursery with a solid traditional and educational element to each day.
The nursery has implemented the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) since September 2008, this allows the children the opportunity to actively learn, to use personal initiative and to problem solve. The EYFS focuses on children's strengths and thus promotes children's confidence in an environment which is based on support and encouragement rather than child management.
What We Do
Grange Road Nursery provides a complete range of flexible professional child care services of the highest quality.
Friendly, qualified Nursery Nurses
- Excellent secure and safe outdoor play area
- All rooms are colourful and well equipped to suit the age and development of the children, a fun place to learn
- 15 hours FREE early education and childcare for 3 & 4 year olds
- Pre-school children access Pre-Reading, Writing, Dance and Technology tuition
- Open 51 weeks per year excluding Bank Holidays
- Curriculum designed to allow children the opportunity to actively learn, respecting and valuing each child as an individual Lonsdale provides a complete range of flexible professional child care services of the highest quality
- Nourishing menu home cooked on the premises with Paediatric Dietician input
- Before and after school care
- Alternative hours accommodated by special arrangement
- High quality care at affordable prices
- Full and part time places available
- Ofsted inspected
- Holiday care
Grange Rd Nursery